I recently found out about two interesting, quirky foods that are not only healthy for you but could help you live better! One of these is a unusual seed called the Chia seed, and is traditionally used in mexican cooking. It contains high sources of protein, and Omega-3. The other secret ingrediant is a little berry called the Goji berry and is traditionally from China, otherwise called the Wolf berry and is packed full of healthy vitamins.
I have been looking for recipes including Chia seeds and Goji berries, and was also thinking about muffins on that particular day, so I thought why don’t I make Chia seed and Goji berry muffins?! In the end, the muffins turned out fantastic so i wanted to share the simple, yet delicious recipe with you which makes about 24 muffins, depending how big you make them, considering they will rise in the oven. ( I also converted the grams in tablespoons so you can choose to work with either)
You will need (ingrediants)
500g flour (33 tbs)
300g sugar (30 tbs)
12g baking powder (0.8 tbs)
1/2 tsp of Salt
220g butter, melted (14 tbs)
2 tbsp vanilla essence (optional)
1 lemon or orange zest (optional)
An electrical/non-electrical whisk
How to Prepare Muffins
1. Put the oven on 190 degrees or 375 faranhite, or gas mark 5.
2. Mix dry ingrediants with a whisk, these include flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
3. Next, stir milk, melted butter, lemon/orange zest, vanilla essence, and 2 eggs.
4. Pour ingrediants together and stir briefly, then add Chia seeds and Goji berries, amount to desire.
5. Pour into cases, and place in the oven for about 10 minutes, or longer but keep checking.